Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Obedience

So I'm driving and lecturing the other day...

"AJ, you can't pick and choose whether to obey or not. The rules are there for a reason. I don't make up things randomly. If I made it a rule, then it's important for you to obey. It's for your own safety. You can't just think to yourself, 'well, I'd rather do this other thing so I'll just do what I want.'"

I practically slammed on the brakes with this epiphany: God was lecturing ME through my OWN rant!!

How can I teach my daughter about the importance of following rules when I constantly rationalize and negotiate about my own obedience??!

I suppose it's important to see both sides and sympathize with her about how tough it is...and also to see myself through my Father's Eyes as I love her and know what is best for her and hope she obeys so she can succeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment